Friday, October 2, 2009

Soda can Background with Packing Peanut flower

This is a card that I made for Creatively-Green with a soda can and a packing peanut flower.
The soda can was cut up and embossed with the cuttlebug folder then colored with Generation Colorant. For future use I would add the colorant to the Generation Green paint because the colorant does come off on your hands when dry.

The packing peanuts are flatten on one side to make individual petals.

I really should have taken more time to punch more holes closer together so that the stitching looked a bit better.

Once again, I hope I have inspired you to look at things around you and use them in your crafts.


5 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Very pretty!! I love the embossed background and the flower you made!!! Beautiful job!
Hugs,
Cheryl

BLJ Graves Studio said...

What a creative way to go green! Great job. :-)

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it! am going to try the same thing with a soda can...never would have thought of that!!!

Michelle VP said...

Wow! Never would have thought to use packingn peanuts as a flower on a card. Very creative! :)

Allison Rankin said...

Looks terrific!

Post a Comment