Thursday, August 27, 2009

Recycled Drink Tray

Today I was stuck babysitting my dog Nikita because my other dog was at the groomer's. Nikita gets very upset when Princess goes to the vet/groomer. While babysitting, I decided to try to create something with a Drink Tray that was waiting to go to the recycling bin.

It started off looking like this:

Then progressed to this:

Then I decided to cut down the sides to create a flower. Once that was done, I painted the cardboard with acrylic paint. I would love to use that new product that Creatively-Green plans to sell soon called Generation Green Acrylic paint with colorants. But that will be used the next time.

While waiting for the paint to dry. I came up with the idea to try to create my own version of the Flower soft product. So I took a piece of the cardboard and added pigment( water-based ink) to it to make it the color I wanted. Then I scraped it with a knife to make tiny bits.

This is what I came up with:

And this is what my fingers looked like after.

So in the end, You finally get to see my finished project. I added brads to hold it together. And probably should have used one more color of paint to make some shading. I choose to keep the edges rough to make it appear more rustic.

Hope you like it.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Playing Around

I made this card using Inky Impression's stamp Lili's secret. I decided to play with gesso and create my own background paper.

I printed an image from my computer and painted gesso over it. Then I rubbed oil pastels on my fingers and rubbed it over the gesso. Then I stamped the image with a versa marker pad and a black ink pad. When stamped on the paper, I added clear embossing powder and heated.

The image was colored in with Copic markers. The gesso made it much easier to blend the colors. The lace was also colored with Copic markers.

I hope you like this unique creation.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Blueberry Fairy

I made this card for Inky Impression's Challenge this week. I made this card with the digital image that they provided. The image is colored with Copic markers and machine sewn on to handmade paper. Her dress and wings are on pop dots to give her some dimension.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Digital image from Mlamarredesigns

This card was made using Maggie Lamarre's awesome digital design for the Cuttlebug Challenge this week.

I printed the image on very vanilla card-stock and cut it out. I then took my Copic markers and colored it in. It was then glued on to a Big Note die cut. The matte is a Basic Grey designer paper on top of a sahara sand card stock.
The saying is a rub on and along with my decorative corners, I added a brad.

Lili's Secret

This card is made with the image Lili's Secret by Inky Impressions. You can find their weekly challenge at Inky Impressions challenge blog.
The card is made using Stampin UP! card-stock colors, baja breeze, certainly celery, pixie pink and chocolate chip. The certainly celery designer paper is from Stampin UP! and the flowered paper is from Close to My Heart.

This card also is made for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge because I added three brads, used two different patterned papers and have one flower on the card.

Hope you enjoy it.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Patch work quilt card

I just could not wait to use my new Basic Grey lemonade paper pad to create something. My plan was to create a background that looks like a quilt. The paper was cut into 1"X1" squares and adhered to a piece of card-stock. Then I stitched around the squares with embroidery floss by hand.

I created this card with Inky Impressions Challenge in mind. I did not use the exact colors but similar ones. The image is Pen Pal from Sugar Nellie. The image was colored in using the copic shown in the picture.
Skin- E00, E51, R20
Jeans- B97, BG72
Shirt- YG3, YG6
Hair-E11, E31, E33
Ribbons and patches- RV00, RV02 and W2 to create a shadow.

I also entered this card into the Midnight Madness Challenge.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Handmade dryer sheet embellishments

I made these flowers with used dryer sheets.
You can learn more about how I made them at
Creatively-Green Message Board.